Thursday, January 28, 2010

Two

Painted on my window pane the other day- it's turning out to be a might bit different than i had envisioned, though i like it.

I've already jumped ahead and have begun forming my 4D/time based piece in my head... and for once, it's not a big show with lighting and sound technicians required.

I've also been working on my wedding/divorce book- it's really trippy. writing our story, reading the parts i never read, because i didn't get that far... deciding how it all goes together....
it's actually been very cathartic, already, reminding me of the good stuff, helping me be less angry.... happy, actually, to have had the marriage we had.

I'm glad for this class this quarter- the opportunity to just focus on making things. it's really wonderful. I need this right now, as the Universe knew, all those months ago.

beauty. pain. commanding.
yup.
pretty much got those covered. :)

2 comments:

  1. Bethany,
    so glad to hear this course is providing the space you need as an artist to explore both internally and externally. your window and book are powerful statements and processes. The books also is providing your audience with another dimension from which to explore the personal and emotional side of a politically charged subject. bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The window has take on a life of its own...fabulous. I appriciate the thought going into this body of work/art, using life as art is so cathartic! C

    ReplyDelete